An outstanding opportunity for an experienced, recently qualified or newly qualifying GP to join an established GP Training Practice in a very pleasant village setting close to Bournemouth.
With a new Practice Manager joining last year, one who is very experienced and who we've recruited for before at her previous practice with excellent results, the future looks really bright for the surgery and really positive initiatives are already being implemented.
You'll have just 27 patients per day and can opt for 10 or 15-minute appointments or a mixture of both. There's a huge amount of flexibility available in structuring your day and, as a small team, it's easier to have bespoke set-ups for each GP without it causing logistical log-james.
Looking to the future, there is a keenness to recruit a GP interested in becoming a Partner once established, though GPs looking for a pure Salaried post would also be very welcome.
Salary - £10,000 per session (anticipated increase in summer 2023) plus indemnity
Location - Ferndown area
The surgery -
- Established GP Training Practice
- Soon to be a Research Practice conducting clinical trials
- Very passionate Partnership with keen focus on staff development
- Geared towards reducing GP workload
- New prescribing protocols removing GP involvement
- Paramedics completing bulk of home visits
- Scanners and Read Coders diverting majority of incoming mail away from GPs
- Coffee break every morning
- Very encouraging of special interests - specialisms make for happier Doctors
- Elderly demographic with more affluence than deprivation
Your role -
- Salaried GP (view to Partnership also available)
- Named GP model - continuity of care whilst still flexible for patients
- 4-6 sessions
- 27 patients per day
- 15 in the AM
- 12 in the PM
- Start and finish times are very flexible and admin can be done from home after the last patient
- 15-minute appointments available
- One Duty day per week working with an Advanced Paramedic Practitioner and a second Paramedic Practitioner - Duty GP is phone-based rather than seeing patients
The benefits -
- BMA model contract
- Very good Partnership prospects
- Lovely village setting
- Indemnity covered
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!