You will be working for one of the most popular practices in North Somerset - a highly supportive Training Practice which hosts GP Registrars annually, in addition to Physician Associates and Medical student teaching as part of recently established teaching academy. Working alongside a large team of permanent doctors, you'd also be supported by other prescribing clinicians including Paramedics, Pharmacists and Nurses as well as further Nurse Practitioners and a Mental Health Nurse.
Each GP also has a dedicated PA to help with the admin workload, something the practice has always been very organised and efficient in.
To support two ongoing initiatives, the practice are now looking to recruit GPwSIs in both Teaching and Mental Health, the former working in their in-house academy, the latter supporting a local community project in both strategy and service delivery.
These posts are being offered on both a Salaried and Partnership basis.
- Salaried GP - up to £12,000 per session
- Partner GP - c£20,000 per session if property owning / c£16,000 per session if no buy-in
Location - outskirts of Weston-super-Mare, suburbs rather than town centre
The surgery -
- GP Training Practice - registrars, physician associates, medical students, F2s
- c20,000 patients - out of town so not much deprivation, more young families and retirees
- Attractive, purpose-built premises
- Large team of established Salaried GPs as well as large team of Partners
- Incredibly forward thinking, regularly undertaking new pilots and initiatives
- Visiting Paramedics employed meaning virtually no home visits for GPs
- Coffee break every morning
Your role -
- GPwSI Teaching or GPwSI Mental Health
- 6+ sessions per week (4 clinical sessions, 2 special interest sessions)
- Very reasonable clinical sessions with just 30 contacts per day, some of which are just messages/texts
- No Duty Doctor requirement
- No Extended Hours requirement
- Your own personal PA for admin support leaving only minimal actioning for GPs
- Using Emis Web Clinical system
The benefits -
- Excellent salary and Partnership prospects
- Indemnity paid
- GMC fees paid
- Contract including Continuation of Service etc
- 6 weeks' annual leave
- 1-week study leave
- NHS pension
For further details on this exceptional role, please click the Apply Now button. If you can specify the best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
If you would like to talk ahead of sending us your CV, please give us a call on 0113 350 1308. Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence and we will not send your details to any practice without your expressed consent to do so.
Is this role almost right for you, but not quite ticking all the boxes? If so, we have hundreds of other roles available and can also work proactively to find you your perfect post.
For the past two years running, we have been voted as Recruitment Company of the Year at the General Practice Awards, and we were Highly Commended in the Best Public Sector Agency at the Recruiter Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands!
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees! We plant one on your behalf and the other on the surgery's behalf. By planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car. We want to contribute towards helping save the planet!