Our partner is one of the leading private mental health support groups in the Republic of Ireland. Dealing with some of the most complex cases in the country is not without its challenges, but there is a wealth of nursing and support staff on each site, allowing for a 2 to 1 interaction between clinicians and service users. The group is currently looking for 2 Consultants to join them, as part of their expansion plans due to increased demand. The group has suggested that for those interested in the SRU they would prefer someone who has a background in Forensic Psychiatry.
The facility is not yet open to service users; it's expected to be in July 2023, starting with 8 beds and moving to 16. It will be approved by the MHC and the service has been specifically designed to cater for individuals with a mental health diagnosis. When set up there will be strong MDT input and in house, Psychiatry, Psychology, Nursing, Dieticians, Counselling, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Psychotherapy, Physio and Behavioural Services.
The centre will aim to provide support for residents with individual care plans; the achievement of their goals, dreams, and aspirations and to move from the SRU within a 2-year timeframe.
As the facility is not yet operational most of the work will be preparation for it's opening in July 2023. In the meantime, you will be required to help out with the running and maintenance of other sites, under the organisations control. Once operational, a working week will usually consist of a meeting with the multi-disciplinary team to define the week's challenges ahead. There is also a meeting expected once a month with each of the service users in the facility. You will also run the admission process; as their person responsible for the facility, you will process referrals, schedule meetings in the service user's current placement and look to transfer them yours. Rostering will be handled by the director of nursing.
- 2 to 1 ratio for clinicians and service users
- Much faster turn arounds for support for the service users than in the public sector
- The opportunity to open and lead a service from day one in a brand-new purpose-built facility.
- Provide medical and administrative direction and supervision to subordinate professional, technical, and clerical staff.
- To ensure high quality care and support is provided to all service users in line with the company's Mission, Vision and Values.
- To support the DON to deliver excellent services and outcomes
- Maintain effective relationships with community health stakeholders and partner organisations.
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation and planning of health or mental health programs.
- Conduct in-service training programs.
- Provide assessments and / or testimony within Court proceedings as required.
- Review appropriate paperwork for documentation of clinical services and medical assessments.
- Demonstrate leadership and team management skills including the ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary team members.
- Full Driving License.
- Salary of between 230,000 Euros
- Private Pension
- CPD Allowances
- Medical Insurance provided
For further details on this job opportunity, please use the Apply section. If you can specify a best time to talk, please do; we will get in touch when it suits you best. You will then be contacted by one of our specialist consultants, who will provide you with further details about the role.
We have been voted as the Recruitment Agency of the Year at the General Practice Awards, so in dealing with us you'll be in safe hands.
Please note, any contact is in the strictest confidence. We will not send your details to any organisation without your expressed consent to do so. If you would like to talk, please give us a call on 07935011146 follow this link where you will be taken to the calendly link of the consultant on the project: calendly.com/brodie-crighton. We look forward to speaking with you.
For every placement we make, Menlo Park plants two trees - one on your behalf and the other on the Client's behalf. In planting two trees we offset 0.6 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of driving 1,466 miles in a standard car - we want to contribute to help save the planet!