General Practitioner / Health Screening Doctor
Birmingham, Newcastle and Northampton
£Competitive + Incentives + great benefits
Minimum 2 days /4 sessions per week
We have been the market leader in corporate healthcare and health-screening for over 30 years and as our services evolve, so do our teams. As a GP with HCA UK you will be given all the time and tools you need to deliver exceptional standards of care in an environment that focusses on clinical excellence while also prioritising a healthy work life balance for our people.
Working for HCA UK you will have a structured but varied day consisting of a mix of adult GP consultations, health screenings and protected admin time in every session while learning from leading experts and gaining exposure to complex health cases not seen in other healthcare providers.
You’ll also benefit from longer appointment times ranging from 15 to 90 minutes to explore each patient needs and have direct access to specialist referral pathways with leading consultants. Coupled with a focus on preventative medicine through our Health Screens you will be able to make a real difference to your patients, both now and in the future.
What you will do:
- GP consultations with 15 minutes or more for each patient
- Carry out procedures such as taking bloods, vaccinations, smear tests, prescribing drugs, antenatal checks, travel advice or ordering further on-site tests supplementary therapy.
- Make onward referrals as needed to our network of leading consultants
- Conduct regular Health Screening assessments to our Corporate Clients, providing health and lifestyle coaching while taking steps to help mitigate any future risks
- Should you have Occupational health qualification your role could be extended to an OH practitioner.
What we look for in a GP:
- Current GMC registration and on the GP register
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- Care and empathy with a passion for delivering a patient centred service.
Why HCA UK?
HCA Healthcare UK has over 50 years of creating a healthier tomorrow. We believe that our continuous success is underpinned by providing an environment where our GPs, are able to deliver their best work to the highest of standards. Being part of a large, multisite, and established healthcare group, we can offer career progression, support to grow internally through funded courses.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That is why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. Some of which include:
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays) with option to buy/sell Private healthcare and dental insurance for you and your family Critical illness cover and Life insurance
- Private pension contribution
- Full medical indemnity
- Supported study leave of up to 5 days
- Additional incentives for health screening, out of hours, evening and weekend rates.
‘We’ve built a unique and effective system of healthcare, allowing our doctors to deliver end-to-end care pathways, with exceptional patient outcomes. Our doctors sit at the heart of our business and we empower them to deliver life-changing medicine to our patients and take control of their career through training, mentorship and funded courses” – Paul Sanford, CEO of HCA Primary Care