London Bridge Hospital - Walk-in Centre
Full time, permanent
£100K p.a + great benefits
Monday - Friday, 08:00am - 17:00pm
We’ve been the market leader in corporate healthcare and health-screening for over 30 years and as our services evolve, so do our teams. You will be working in an exceptional GP-led walk-in-centre based in our private much esteemed London Bridge Hospital.
This is an amazing opportunity to really champion this role. Our General Practitioner, based in our Tooley Street, London, Walk-in centre will offer walk in patients instant access to treatment and advice for minor illnesses, injuries, or to provide instant access to basic medical care without requiring registration or appointments. Based on the campus of London Bridge Hospital, should patients acutely unwell present, our Practitioner can act as an immediate referrer to the London Bridge Hospital for admission, or capitalise on the vast range of specialist onsite Consultants for referrals or specialist guidance. This is a highly rewarding role, with lots of variety.
**To be considered for this position you must have a Full and Current unrestricted GMC (UK) Registration on the GP Register and hold a MRCGP**
You’ll also benefit from longer appointment times to explore each patient needs and have direct access to specialist referral pathways with leading consultants. Coupled with a focus on preventative medicine through our Health Screens you’ll be able to make a real difference to your patients, both now and in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Champion the role as a GP/Healthscreener by maintaining the highest clinical standards at all times.
- Assess and treat walk-in patients and undertake a variety of duties as expected from a GP/Healthscreener; including consultations, Healthscreening, and other medical queries etc.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other healthcare workers
- Assessing the healthcare needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
What we look for in a GP:
- Current GMC registration and on the GP register
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- Care and empathy with a passion for delivering a patient centred service.
- Desired WiC/UCC experience but not mandatory.
Why HCA UK?
HCA Healthcare UK has over 50 years of creating a healthier tomorrow. We believe that our continuous success is underpinned by providing an environment where our GPs, are able to deliver their best work to the highest of standards. Being part of a large, multisite, and established healthcare group, we can offer career progression, support to grow internally through funded courses.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. Some of which include:
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays) with option to buy/sell
- Private healthcare and dental insurance for you and your family
- Critical illness cover and Life insurance
- Private pension contribution
- Full medical indemnity
- Supported study leave of up to 5 day
- Additional incentives for health screening, out of hours, evening and weekend rates.