Are you a GP Locum looking for a change? While Cornwall is best known for its picturesque countryside, beautiful beaches, and a more relaxed lifestyle, it is also a fantastic place for personal and professional development, and continued career progression. Investment in primary care in Cornwall is higher than many other systems, and across Cornwall we have one of the highest numbers of dispensing practices in the country.
Cornwall has a patient population of 550,000, rising to over 1 million in summer, which operates under one Integrated Care Service to deliver services to a diverse range of healthcare needs. Across Cornwall there are 58 practices, many of which are Training Practices making up 15 Primary Care Networks and 3 Integrated Care Areas. There are Locum opportunities across most of our PCN's, please visit our website or contact us for further details.
As a Locum GP in Cornwall, we can offer you;
- Regular Locum peer support groups
- Locum bank – digital online platform to view and book available shifts in practices
- Opportunities for mentoring, or development opportunities to become a GP mentor and help mentor our newly qualified GPs.
- Access to subsidised CPD opportunities and a range of other training and support through Cornwall Training Hub.
- Opportunities to build a portfolio role including in Education, or specialist interest areas.
If you would like to come to Cornwall and see for yourself, why not take advantage of our Introduction to Cornwall scheme This scheme offers the chance for GPs to benefit from a contribution towards their holiday accommodation cost in return for a minimum of 4 paid sessions at practices across Cornwall. In Summer 2019, 14 sessions were worked as part of this scheme by locum GPs from as far away as Canada, supporting practices in Cornwall to cover their vacant shifts.
For more information on the opportunities in Cornwall, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.