Are you a GP Partner /salaried GP looking for a change? While Cornwall is best known for its picturesque countryside, beautiful beaches, and a more relaxed lifestyle, it is also a fantastic place for personal and professional development, and continued career progression. Investment in primary care in Cornwall is higher than many other systems, and across Cornwall we have one of the highest numbers of dispensing practices in the country.
Working as a GP in Cornwall we can offer you:
- Opportunities for specialist interest roles
- A range of Fellowship opportunities in education, leadership, or clinical specialist areas.
- Access to Transition posts with additional in practice support if you are in your first-year post CCT and/or our New to Practice programme.
- Opportunities for mentoring, or development opportunities to become a GP mentor and help mentor our newly qualified GPs.
- Portfolio working opportunities, including with the CCG, Out of Hours, Acute GP in line with service need.
- Access to subsidised CPD opportunities and a range of other training courses through Cornwall Training Hub.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Relocation package available for some practices of up to £10,000 to assist you in your move.
Cornwall has a patient population of 550,000, rising to over 1 million in summer, which operates under one Integrated Care Service to deliver services to a diverse range of healthcare needs. Across Cornwall there are 58 practices, many of which are Training Practices making up 15 Primary Care Networks and 3 Integrated Care Areas. PCN’s with vacancies currently, include Bosvenna and Three Harbours, North Kerrier, Coastal, Penwith, Tamar Valley, Arbennek and the Isles of Scilly.
For more information on the opportunities in Cornwall, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to come to Cornwall and see for yourself, why not take advantage of our Introduction to Cornwall scheme