General Practitioner - Self-Employed / Salaried
UK wide & remote
Up to £3,000 welcome bonus
Minimum 1 day / 2 sessions per week
At Bupa, we have belief in our colleagues, and with over 50 Health Clinics nationwide alongside our growing remote services there’s never been a better time to make a move and join us as we look to expand our services and help people live longer, healthier happier lives while making a better world.
We’re looking for GP’s to help us deliver on our purpose and support us to achieve our ambition of being the worlds most customer-centric healthcare company. We’re already well on our way, we’ve invested in our colleagues, and in our business. Growing our Primary Care Services while launching new, industry leading products and services such as our Menopause Plan and wider women’s sexual health offering.
Click apply to see our current opportunities, or to find out more about life at Bupa, how we’re evolving our services and hear from our current colleagues register on the link below for our virtual open evening on 30th September.
The role of a GP at Bupa
The role of a GP at Bupa is like no other. With a supportive network of clinical staff around you and up to 30 minutes with each patient you’ll be able to make a difference to peoples’ lives each and every day. Your appointments are scheduled in advance around our opening times so there’s no late evenings or extended hours, you’ll also have protected time for your administration, helping you maintain a healthy work-life balance while doing your day to day tasks which include:
- Caring for your patients. In our clinics you’ll spend the majority of your day delivering face to face health assessments and occasional private GP consultations. If you join our remote team, your day will primarily involve delivering private GP consultations via phone or video
- Providing clinical advice and guidance to colleagues, which may include health advisors and administrative staff
- Engage in incident reporting and investigation as outlined in our BHC incident Management and reporting policy
- Working with the Lead Physician on quality activities and audits
What do you need to be a Bupa GP?
As a GP at Bupa you’ll discuss and look after one of the things people hold most dear. Their health. Alongside your expert clinical knowledge, you’ll need empathetic ear, a caring and compassionate approach, and great interpersonal skills. Some of the other things we look for in our GP’s are:
- Current GMC GP Registration
- Expert clinical knowledge
- A professional, but not robotic manner - your caring nature should extend across patients and colleagues
- Great time management and flexibility
We’re a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers and colleagues are our focus. We reinvest our profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Salaried GP, you’ll be eligible for:
- Paid indemnity
- Annual pay review
- Paid study leave
- CPD opportunities and access to leadership courses
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual bonus based on business and clinic performance
- Onsite gyms and local discounts
- As a self-employed GP, you will have access to Bupa reduced indemnity rates
Our approach to Diversity and Inclusion:
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.