Job Title: Dermatologist / Specialised GP
Responsible to: Victoria Whiteley
Are you a Dermatologist or GP with a specialist interest in mole screening and minor ops looking to start or develop your private practice?
Absolute Aesthetics forms part of The Whiteley Clinic, an International renowned Varicose Vein Clinic. We are a high achieving research led clinic operating from a modern, purpose-built premises working with a multidiscipline team of highly skilled specialists ranging from Aesthetic Practitioners to Consultant Surgeons.
We are looking for a professional to join our friendly team, providing mole screening services and minor ops for lumps and bumps.
With an existing patient list for these services, we are keen to maintain the provision of these services and expand this area of the business following patient demand.
The role will be based at our Guildford clinic and will be part time (1 day per week initially) but there is scope for this to increase. The ideal candidate would be someone who is keen to start developing a practice in the private sector.
Professional Fee Split.
- Administering treatments, monitoring outcomes and recommending changes in treatment plans when necessary
- Educating patients on lifestyle choices and other ways to improve their conditions
- Referring patients to alternative specialists for treatments
- Ensuring that all procedures are in line with medical laws and regulations
- Keeping up to date with regard to new treatments and research
- Working closely together with other team members to ensure that patients are receiving adequate care
- Prescribing relevant medication or skin products as part of a treatment plan
- Treating patients with respect and compassion and ensuring compliance with current medical regulations and ethics
- To be responsible for the development of a client base
- Promote, monitor and maintain best practices in Health, safety and security in the working environment.
- The candidate must possess full GMC registration, MRCP or equivalent
- The candidate must have a minimum of 12 months of consultant experience in undertaking dermatological procedures without supervision
- Good timekeeping skills to ensure the clinics run smoothly and on time
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge
- Passion for exceptional patient service
- Ability to work autonomously and to protocols
- Up to date revalidation and DBS Clearance
The contractual relationship between the clinic and its employees is founded on trust. Employees will treat as confidential all information regarding the business of the clinic, patient data, including a person’s attendance at the clinic for whatever purpose, information with regard to and agreements with suppliers, and information gained about other employees and consultants. Any break by an employee will render an employee liable to disciplinary action and may result in termination of employment with the clinic.
Health and Safety
Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) to ensure that the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees and visitors.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general identification of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the Department. Substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com