Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Manager Band 7 - Aldergrove
Nurse Practitioner / Nurse Manager - Essential Requirements:
* Must be Registered Nurse (Adult) Level 1 with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid, in date Personal Identification Number (PIN) and not be subject to any restrictions of practice.
* Must hold current; valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
* Must hold a minimum of BSc in a relevant area of PHC practice.
* Must have a minimum of five years post registration experience in PHC practice and have a minimum of one year's satisfactory performance within the last three years at Band 7 in a PHC setting.
* Must be in date for Basic Life Support (BLS) Anaphylaxis, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Children and Young People and Vulnerable Adults Level 2 training.
* Must be able to provide certificates of training/qualification/update, as undertaken within the last three years, and/or be able to provide proof of clinical competency of the same from a previous employer or Line Manager, who is a current and practicing GMC or NMC Registrant, for:
o Immunisation and vaccination (including children if engaged within a families practice as identified within the Demand Order)
o Travel Health / Travel Medicine
o Ear Care (including irrigation)
o Minor Injury
o Minor Illness / Common PHC Presentations
o Child Health in Primary Care (only if working in a families practice as identified within the Demand Order )
o Management of Chronic Disease/Long Term Conditions (Asthma; COPD; CHD; Diabetes; CVD; Hypothyroidism)
o Cervical Cytology Sample Taking (only if working in a Medical Facility where an essential requirement / skill gap is identified within the Demand Order)
o Preparation for Mentorship; Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice (SLAiP); Mentorship and Assessment in Practice; Clinical Supervision or equivalent.
o Quaity Assurance / Healthcare Governance
o Health Promotion
Nurse Practitioner / Nurse Manager - About the Role:
* Flexible & adaptable with a proactive approach
* You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
* Deliver a professional & personal service at all times
* Ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
Nurse Practitioner / Nurse Manager - About Military Medical Personnel and our Benefits:
Military Medical Personnel (MMP) is a specialist recruitment consultancy dedicated exclusively to providing locum civilian medical, dental and healthcare professionals to the Ministry of Defence. We are a contracted supplier to the MOD and have locum vacancies on military bases throughout the UK and occasionally overseas locations.
Military Medical Personnel offer an attractive package for candidates which may include the following:
* Attractive rates of pay with weekly payments and choice of payment model
* A generous "Refer a Friend" bonus scheme
* Flexibility of long and short term assignments to suit your availability
* Free uniforms provided (if required)
* A disclosure check PVG membership in Scotland or Access Northern Ireland certificate is required for this post which will be paid for by us
Free blood tests and fitness to work certificates (if required)
* Free mandatory training
* Weekly payments
* Assigned an experienced consultant who will support you throughout your application who will continue to look after you during your assignment
All job placements are subject to the receipt of satisfactory compliance requirements and a current DBS
We reserve the right to remove this requirement once a suitable candidates has been selected.
Apply for Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Manager Band 7 - Aldergrove
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly