GP positions - Waikato and the Lakes district, New Zealand
- The central area of North Island enjoys diverse geographical features
- Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts
- Family friendly, small rural towns
Rural practices in Waikato region and the Lakes district are offering overseas GPs a great package.
Waikato region, the land of lush pastures, was chosen as the location for the The Shire in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies. Lake Taupo offers swimming beaches, trout fishing, and geothermal water currents. At the southern end of Taupo there is Mount Ruapehu offering an amazing winter ski-field.
Examples of vacancies in the region
1. Near Tongariro National Park, full-time:
This close-knit practice is seeking a committed general practitioner to join their friendly team. This could be a permanent or fixed term role working eight to ten sessions per week. Offering an excellent location for the outdoors person- skiing, tramping, mountain biking, hunting and fishing all at the doorstep. The practice is seeking a GP with a warm out-going personality, able to work with a diverse range of people. If this sounds like you and your dream job, get in touch today!
2. South of Lake Taupo, Long-term, full time
A GP is sought to join this experienced, fun loving team in the Lakes District. This practice has been set up to provide a working environment where doctors and nurses can enjoy the job satisfaction of a rural general practice. You will work eight sessions per week and one Saturday morning at the clinic every six weeks. It is nestled close to the tourist town of Taupo- a haven for all things adventurous from fishing to hunting, mountain-biking and hiking.
NZLocums key services
- Providing a wide range of fixed-term, long-term and permanent vacancies
- Placing you in direct contact with GPs and administrative staff at the prospective practice
- Assistance with contract, salary, benefits and negotiations around working conditions
- Advice and assistance with Medical Council registration
- CME accredited orientation before you begin practising.