Senior Nurse Practitioner
The post holder will be responsible for the clinical assessment, treatment and/or referral or giving advice as appropriate to first contact clients across a wide spectrum of clinical conditions within the services provided by the organisation through direct contact consultations. Direct consultations will be performed via telephone triage, or face to face within a primary care centre or urgent care centre, in the patients own home or designated care facility i.e. community hospital residential or nursing home. The Senior Nurse Practitioner will be part of a multi-professional/skilled team including medical, nurse triage and support staff providing accessible services to the population across the County Of Derbyshire, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire
A commitment to a quality service, excellence in clinical practice and continuous professional development are integral to the role and the development of the service.
The post holder will participate in promoting and advancing the organisation.
- To practice as a Nurse Practitioner without direct supervision providing a clinical service within the work of the company.
- To assess , plan, treat and refer appropriately patients requiring the clinical service and evaluate patient care as appropriate
- To recognise the need for, initiate and where appropriate interpret relevant diagnostic investigations.
- To recognise the need for and initiate where appropriate to act upon the advice of relevant specialism’s.
- To exhibit excellent communication skills when dealing with clients. Non verbal and verbal skills required. To have the ability to make clear decisions with confidence and communicate these effectively.
- To maintain appropriate clinical records, ensuring that the documentation clearly demonstrates the NMC Guidelines for Records and Record keeping.
- To prescribe medication and work within the limitations of current extended Non Medical Prescribing legislation.
- To work within the parameters of his/her skills and knowledge, to recognise the limitations to ones own practice and to work within the bounds of ones training and capability according to the NMC Code of Conduct.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in clinical practice.
- To optimise evidence based practice within practice.
- To work effectively as part of a multi professional team in collaboration with other members of the service.
Apply for Senior Nurse Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly