Junior / Trainee Practitioner - Sheffield
We are looking for an innovative and forward thinking Junior Practitioner to join our friendly and hard-working team at the NHS Walk-In Centre in Sheffield. Just a five minute walk from the city centre with good public transport links, the Sheffield Walk-in Centre deliver care to 70,000 patients per year from modern premises.
At OneMedicalGroup we only want the very best for our nurses. That’s why we invest in their education, training and development to provide them with the best possible start in their new career.
As a Junior Practitioner we can offer you:
- A supportive environment geared towards enhancing your learning
- A dedicated Practice developer who will guide your development
- In house teaching sessions developed around your training needs
- The opportunity to attend relevant university modules identified during the appraisal process
As reflected in the ‘Next steps on the NHS Five Year Forward View’ document published by NHS England in April 2017, the primary care landscape is changing quickly. Our Junior Practitioner role has been developed to address the challenges faced by clinicians nationwide who wish to pursue a career in Primary Care but are yet to acquire the essential skills to make the transition.
The position will require the successful candidate to work a combination of early, late and weekend shifts although reasonable notice will be provided. Flexible working patterns can be considered for the right candidates.
Join the OnePrimaryCare
We are not your usual healthcare provider. We believe we are unique as an organisation as we challenge traditional thinking, lead on the creation of innovative health and wellbeing services and offer long term solutions to sustainable primary care and new models of care.
Our purpose is improving lives. We do this as both a provider of health and wellbeing services and as an enabling partner working with others to support with the delivery of collaborative health services. This includes working with provider alliances, confederations, federations local care partnerships and other health and wellbeing providers.
We have a vision for health care that is sustainable, high quality and offers excellent patient and staff experience. Our services are designed to reflect the needs of the population they serve, and promote lifestyle health and wellbeing. As a health and wellbeing organisation, we believe that working together at scale and supporting our teams, helps lead to greater efficiencies, more effective sustainable working and a better experience of work for everyone.
We have developed an innovative care model that offers:
- Highly efficient and effective systems of working and managing work flow.
- Multi-specialty team based working, so you can focus on what you enjoy and excel in these areas.
- Community centred care partnership, patient navigation and social prescribing.
- A working day that gives you control and stability, ensuring safe levels of working in line with BMA recommendations.
- Innovative digital integration that offers improved patient experience and reduced workload.
- An ethos that drives quality improvement and an excellent experience for both patients and staff.
- Great local and regional clinical and operational support
We offer support with financial management, staffing and recruitment, pensions, medical indemnity and insurance, marketing and communications, human resources, patient safety, business analytics, operational delivery, information governance, clinical governance, regulatory compliance, clinical development and support. Our central support team is based in North Leeds, in the grounds of a working farm, Bank Top Farm.
We encourage everyone to build connections with likeminded people, throughout the organisation and localities in which you work and support and encourage everyone to find joy in their work and pursue professional dreams. We support new ways of working, portfolio careers and flexible working arrangements.
We believe in supporting the development of talented individuals and in ‘growing our own’. As such we offer study bursaries along with opportunities for personal development and study leave for all staff. We offer apprenticeships and in house training and development through OneWorkforce.
- Excellent financial package
- Support for professional development and clinical supervision
- NHS pension scheme
- Study leave and development bursary
- Competitive annual leave
- Personal professional development time
- In house mandatory training and professional development resource
- Opportunities for networking within a wider group of likeminded professionals
- Group wide engagement events.
- Regular social events and team bonding events.
- A chance to forge a career you love
If you would like to know more about the role, including salary and benefits package information, please contact Erica Wall, our Recruitment Coordinator, for a confidential conversation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Junior / Trainee Practitioner - Sheffield
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly