Locum GP - Manchester Ongoing sessions - flexible, great pay, and fast track registration
Locum GP required for ongoing regular sessions in North Manchester
The purpose of the role is to support the Emergency Department by seeing patients who are deemed to need a GP.
- Pay Rate - competitive
- System – Training provided and arranged
- Timings are flexible.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Include history taking, clinical examinations, investigations, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients presenting with both minor illnesses and minor injuries.
- The main focus will be on minor illnesses, but where there is a longer wait for minor injuries, or there are no minor illness patients to be seen, the GP will be expected to see minor injuries.
- Where the GP feels they are operating beyond their level of knowledge, such as in interpreting X-rays, the GP will ask a member of the A&E team (nurse practitioner or SpR and above) for advice.
- Use system to record the patient episode, including recording all procedures, investigations and treatment, in a timely manner, using the clinician’s own login.
- Ensure access is gained, and maintained for all necessary IT systems (symphony, radiology and pathology), by liaising with the relevant IT department and Dr Jim Butler.
- Liaise with the Senior Nurse, coordinator, nurse practitioners and ED consultants to ensure an efficient flow of patients through the department, share the workload, and highlight any operational issues.
- Liaise with the ED consultant or SpR if any patient requires transfer to ED, ensuring patient safety is maintained throughout.
- Liaise with specialties in the referral of patients from the SDCC.
- The GP will receive indemnity cover from the trust, under Crown indemnity.
- Maintain up-to-date learning for mandatory training, such as clinical governance and BLS, available via the trust education service, and subscriptions such as the GMC and GP performers list.
Austin Dean Recruitment is the main supplier of all healthcare recruitment, including Locum Doctors, Locum GPs, Nurses and AHP's to the NHS and Private Sectors. Austin Dean Recruitment pledges to offer you more Locum jobs than any other agency. With the largest portfolio of urgent contracts you will get access to jobs no other agency can offer.
We have locum doctor jobs available for both long term and short term work throughout the whole of the UK, so there has never been a better time for you to register your CV with Austin Dean Recruitment.
Working with Austin Dean Recruitment – The benefits:
•Excellent pay rates
•Average of 300 new locum / nurse jobs a week
•Lucrative Refer a Friend Scheme
•Fast Track Registration Process
•Your own dedicated recruitment consultant, advising you on career opportunities and shifts availability.
Contact us on 020 3489 6070 or apply below.