Locum / Self Employed GP's Required - Prison Service (nationwide coverage)
Prison General Practitioners required (nationwide coverage)
We are looking for GP's who would like to work in Prisons as we have flexible sessions available nationally. If you are a GP who has Prison experience then you know what to expect, and the self satisfaction that you receive which is priceless, however a Locum GP without prison experience would also be welcome, many prisons operate regular GP Surgeries for the prison population separate from substance misuse clinics.
An Informal meeting can be arranged if you wish to learn more of the services you are required to conduct within the prison. All GP's are required to visit the prison for security checks before the session(s) can start.
We can provide GPs for an emergency, short term and long term placements.
Each HMP has slightly different requirements in working hours, duties may include
- Primary care clinics am & pm
- Re writes, test results and tasks
- Separation and care round
- Health care round
- Evening reception clinics
- Weekends On call
Some of the Prisons a GP can expect to also work alongside:
- Prison staff Drug and alcohol team
- In house pharmacist
- Mental health team
- Visiting dentist, optometrist and podiatrist
- Full GMC Registration
- Inclusion on the GMC Performers List
- Experience of working in a secure environment and/or substance misuse would be desirable
For more info call 020 3489 6070 or simply apply below.