** SALARIED GP ** BUCKS ** TRAINING PROVIDED FOR SPECIALIST INTEREST **
Salaried GP Required |Aylesbury|8 sessions per week|£9,500 per session plus Pension|
Dream Medical are seeking an enthusiastic driven GP to take on up to 8 sessions a week in a purpose built premises based in the county of Buckinghamshire. Lots of innovation has taken place at the practice in terms of work-force redesign: Pharmacists, Paramedic, Social Worker, Respiratory Specialist, Diabetes Specialist Nurse, weekly teaching, training and education. There is a half day closure each month for Protected Learning time. This practice was under taken by new management on 01/04/2018 since then due to this the practice achieved a GOOD CQC rating with some areas considered outstanding. This would be a great career move for a newly qualified GP due to the dedication in supporting specialist interests and also experienced GP looking to further there career and mentor the colleagues you will work with on a daily basis.
This purpose built premises caters to a patient list size of circa 15,00o, with a younger than average spread of patients.
The surgery uses Emis web and Docman as a computer system. There is a full quota of support staff who aid the day to day running of the practice alongside a very diverse clinical team comprising of; 6 x GP’s, 1 x ANP’s, 1 x DSN (Diabetes Specialist Nurse), 1 x Respiratory Specialist (GPwSI / Clinical Associate Specialist), 2 x Practice Nurses, 3 x Phlebotomists / Healthcare Assistants, 2 x Practice Based Clinical Pharmacists – both independent prescribers, 1 x Practice based paramedic, 1 x Specialist Social Worker / Nurse, 1 x Elderly Care Nurse (like a matron), 1 x Physician Associate
Workload within the practice;
- Workload is low to moderate
- Population is younger than average, deprived
- Home visits are largely undertaken by The Practice Based Paramedic.
- Acute on the day minor ailments are covered by the ANP’s and Pharmacists
- AM & PM sessions average at 3 hours in duration (patient contact), number of contacts range from 15 – 22 (variation by face to face vs telephone)
- Telephone triage conversion rate for GP’s is approx. 25% (called to be brought in), practice system has capacity to allow for 50% of patients triaged to be brought in
- Protected slots for clinicians to use and call back patients
- Clinical documents are capped at 25 per day (However are usually lower around 15)
- Pathology shared
- A working day is from 8.30am – 6.30pm, with sessions distributed as follows; 8.30am – 12.30pm & 2.30pm – 6.30pm.
- Weekly meeting; teaching and training sessions; Safeguarding and BLS provided in house
- Half day per month practice closure for CPD / Protected Learning Time
This position has arisen due to growth of the practice as well as maternity cover, there are up to 8 sessions available but less will be considered for the right candidate. With session rates around £9,500 this surgery has shown its intent to invest time and resources into the development of there staff.
As well as the salary on offer our client is also offering;
- £9,500* per session (*scope to increase for right candidate)
- NHS Pension
- Contribution towards MDU
- 6 weeks annual leave
- BMA model terms for leave, sickness, maternity and paternity
- Outside of IR35 regulation (can operate as a limited company)
You must be a fully qualified GP on a performers list to be eligible for this position with previous UK experience as a ST3 GP or higher.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience with a prestigious client. We welcome applications from recently qualified GP's as well as from experienced GP's.
Interviews can be facilitated to suit your current working week, so please do apply with your most up to date CV.
Please contact Zak Lawson for further information – email@example.com / 0118 321 2820