GPwSI ENT / Primary Care ENT consultant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for GPwSI ENT / Primary Care ENT consultant to take up a regular post in Merseyside.
This specialist role will be based in the Wirral area.
The package is an outstanding one and are paying up to:
Up to £110,000 p/a + Full Indemnity + NHS pension
This list is intended to summarise the key responsibilities and is not intended to cover every task that may be required of the role: -
- Undertake new and follow up consultations including a full assessment of the medical condition, the patient’s concerns and expectations. The post holder will enter full details of history, examination findings, diagnosis and treatment plan in the case record.
- Prescribe treatment only for the presenting complaint and in accordance with the ENT formulary and prescribing restrictions
- Offer only those treatments or surgical procedures, which are within the scope of the contract between Virgin Care and the CCG, taking care not to undertake procedures, which are excluded from the contract.
- Ensure that patient or carers are informed fully about the condition, answer any questions, supply written information if available and involve them in decisions about the treatment
- Dictate a letter to the patient’s GP at the time of the consultation for every patient and arrange to review the letters and amend as necessary to an appropriate timescale.
- Discuss or refer a patient for a consultant opinion within the community service avoiding practice outside his / her level of competence
- Undertake appropriate surgical procedures only after training and directly observed practice has taken place and been signed off.
- Order appropriate investigations, making sure that pathology request forms are filled in legibly with full clinical details.
- Take responsibility for seeing and taking action on all results, including writing to the GP and patient.
- Work with other members of staff to deliver a high quality, patient-centred service including attendance at staff meetings
- Participate in Audit and evaluation
- Participate in teaching and training, particularly skill transfer to primary care staff
- Undergo annual appraisal and participate in clinical governance
- Comply with GMC standards of Good Medical Practice
- Undertake all required Postgraduate training and development to maintain skills
- Work flexibly within the service to maintain a consistent standard, which may mean undertaking duties for other doctors who are on leave.
If you would like to find out some more information regarding location then please call in to discuss with a Medmatch consultant who will calculate your commute for you.
If you would like to apply then either send in your CV to Tim Costa (0778 7021 407) tcosta@ medmatch.co.uk or apply through by uploading your CV through this site.
Please also do not hesitate to call in to the office line on 0203 0065 865 and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the opportunity.