GP Role, Rural Australia
Rural GP jobs in Australia with big salary and additional financial incentives
Working in rural Australia isn't everyone's dream but the benefits attached to roles available in these areas are second to none.
You can expect to earn significantly more money within rural positions through a number of government grants and incentive programs. There are opportunities in some areas for on call work in the local hospital and, depending on location, you can expect to be in receipt of a daily rate that can vary between $500 and $1,100 per day.
Choosing to work in a rural practice also reduces your Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS) moratorium (the time you have to spend in DWS practices before you can legally work anywhere in the country without restriction).
The majority of medical centre's we are working with in rural areas are well established medical centres located within Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS). This means you can stay and settle in the same area which affords you security and an opportunity for you to build up your patient base quickly.
Typically, working hours range from 30 - 45 hours per week with minimal administration work to worry about. You would usually be expected to sign up for a minimum of 12 months depending on location and benefits.
- Working in a collegiate environment
- Outstanding salaries based on Medicare billings, you can usually expect the equivalent of between £150k and £250k
- Accommodation and use of a car available in some area
- Working within an integrated team to enhance care
- Superb facilities at your fingertips
- Flexible working hours
- Improved work life balance
- Help and support offered throughout the documentation process
- Career progression opportunities
- VISA nomination available
In order to apply and be successfully licenced within Australia, applicants MUST HAVE one of the following:
- MRCGP (international and iMAP not accepted)
- Australian Fellowship in General Practice/Rural & Remote Medicine
- NZ Fellowship in General Practice
- Singapore Fellowship in General Practice
What Happens Next?
The licencing process can take around 9 months but full support will be provided with experts on hand to assist you every step of the way.
If you would like to hear more about this amazing opportunity please ring us on 01423 813451 if you're in the UK or 02 9098 4356 if you're in Australia. Alternatively, submit your CV using the 'Apply' button and we'll get in touch with you.