Rural General Practitioner (GP)
As a General Practitioner in Strahan, you’ll benefit from:
- Beautiful location, great fishing, close to Cradle Mountain
- $250,000 – $300,000k earning potential from General Practice billings
- Excellent supervision or mentoring (if required) by ex ACRRM/RDAA President based in Queenstown (40 minute drive)
- Relocation, CPD and retention grants
- A location eligible for RLRP, RVTS and ACRRM independent pathway
- Significant reduction in moratorium
- Housing + Car allowance provided
About the Practice
As the sole General Practitioner in Strahan, you will see a variety of cases, including work cover injuries. The practice is supported by a CDM trained nurse, senior practice manager and visiting allied health professionals. Strahan is classified as an RA4 (Remote) location and is eligible for the rural relocation and retention grants. It is a recognised Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS) and practitioners are eligible for ROMPs payments.
About Strahan, TAS
Strahan is about a 4.5-hour drive from Hobart along the Lyell Highway (A 10) and a three-hour drive down from Devonport. The scenery and vistas on both roads is exceptional. In 1815, Captain James Kelly navigated the 200-metre opening to Macquarie Harbour, which convicts later dubbed Hells Gates. Between 1822 and 1833, Sarah Island operated as a penal station with the dubious reputation of being the worst convict prison in Australia. The town was founded in 1877.
Now a picturesque fishing village offering comfort and convenience on the Wild West coast you can cruise on the Gordon River that will take you deep into the World Heritage Area wilderness. You will travel through one of the last pristine examples of temperate rainforest in the world. Make sure your cruise stops off at Sarah Island where you can hear the stories of the convicts who logged the Huon pine for shipbuilding.
If you’re still thirsting for adventure, kayak the waterways, jet boat the King River, or slide down mighty sand dunes in an all-terrain vehicle on Ocean Beach.
About the Company
With 33 Medical Centres across 5 states and territories, Ochre Health is the medical centre service provider of choice for over 150 doctors, serving a diverse range metropolitan, regional, rural and remote communities within Australia.
- General Registration or above with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.) and recent experience in an unsupervised setting